Friday, May 20, 2016

Very Cheesy Baked Ziti

A local restaurant near me makes DELICOUS Baked Ziti, but my husband does not like that restaurant so I needed to find a recipe to make at home. I came across a promising looking recipe from Kraft. The original can be found below:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/creamy-baked-ziti-120729.aspx

I didn't like the taste of the cream cheese or the sour cream. So I took the sour cream out entirely and replaced the cream cheese with cottage cheese. I also found the pasta to sauce to cheese ratio off. There was too much pasta. When you took a bite, all of the cheese and sauce came with that first layer of noodles, which left the remaining noodles cheese-less and a tiny bit of sauce.

So here is my Baked Ziti recipe:

WARNING: This has ALOT of cheese in it, so if you aren't a cheeses person, reduce the amount to your liking.


Very Cheesy Baked Ziti

Ingredients:

1 cup Ziti pasta, uncooked
3/4 cup Sphagetti sauce (I use Ragu Old World Style Traditional)
1/3 cup Cottage Cheese (I use small curd)
8 oz. package Mozzarella cheese (approximately)
Parmesan Cheese (amount to your liking)

Directions:

1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. In a sauce pan, combine spaghetti sauce and cottage cheese, cook on medium heat until boiling.
3. Mix pasta with sauce. Spread half onto bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle desired amount of Mozzarella cheese (try to at least cover the pasta). Spread remaining pasta, sprinkle desired amount of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses (try to at least cover the pasta).
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.



Serves: 4
Estimated Calories: 560 calories per serving (1/4 of casserole dish)
Suggested sides: steamed broccoli and fruit salad


No comments:

Post a Comment