Thursday, July 14, 2016

Tater Tot Casserole

I actually don't know the true origins of this recipe. I just know that I got it from my mom and it is delicious. It's not gourmet or anything fancy. It's a casserole. Comfort food. Good for beginner cooks or if you need something quick.

Tater Tot Casserole

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb. hamburger, browned and drained.
chopped onions (or dehydrated onions sprinkled onto the meat)
1 can cream of mushroom soup + 1 can of milk (fill empty soup can with milk)
2 cans french cut green beans, drained
Tater tots (about 10 per person)

Instructions:

1. Brown hamburger and onions, drain.
2. Mix meat, onions, soup, milk, and green beans in a 9x13 glass pan.
3. Top with tater tots or cook them separately (I prefer to cook them separately)
4. Bake in the oven at 350° for 20-30 minutes, or until bubbly. (I usually go 30 minutes in my oven.)


Estimated Calories: 345 per serving (about 1/8th of the pan)
Suggested sides: Fruit salad

No comments:

Post a Comment