Friday, July 22, 2016

6 Layer Mexican Dip With Taquitos

There are dozens, and probably hundreds of recipes for the famous 7 Layer Mexican Dip. And they are all pretty much the same, just each person adds or takes away ingredients as they please.  Mine is a 6 layer because I don't put olives on. I do, however, mix in something with the sour cream that I got from my mom - who by the way makes an 8 layer Mexican Dip.

This dip is traditionally a side dish, but I serve it for dinner because instead of serving it with chips, I serve it with beef taquitos! It's a great dish for when you need to throw something together fast, or you are just too tired to go all gourmet on your family.

6 Layer Mexican Dip with Taquitos

Ingredients:

2 cans Refried Beans (16 oz cans)
Guacamole*
16 oz sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning
Salsa*
Cheddar cheese, grated*
Shredded Lettuce*
Frozen taquitos (about 4-5 per person)

*The measurement depends on what looks good to you.

Instructions:

1. Layer ingredients in order with the refried beans on the bottom and the shredded lettuce on the top in a 9x13 pan.**
2. Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning together before layering them in the dish.
3. Store in fridge until ready.
4. Bake Taquitos according to package directions.

**A 9x13 is way too big for my family, so I cut the recipe into 1/4th and layer it in this dish:



Estimated Calories: 258 calories per serving (does not include taquitos), with one serving being 1/16th of a 9x13.
Suggested Sides: fruit salad


No comments:

Post a Comment