Friday, August 5, 2016

Glorious Mess (Taco Salad)

This dish is basically taco salad on top of Fritos chips. I got it from my mom, but I'm not sure where she got it. I have speculated about the title a little bit. I think it sounds like a delicious mistake. Like maybe someone messed up something else and got this as a result and called it a "glorious mess" - don't quote me on that, I don't actually know. LOL.

Glorious Mess

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb. hamburger
1 can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can tomato sauce
squirt ketchup
squirt mustard
Fritos
lettuce, shredded
cheese, grated
onions, chopped
tomatoes, chopped
olives, sliced

Instructions:

1. Brown hamburger, remove excess liquid.
2. Add beans, soup, tomato sauce, ketchup, and mustard; cook until bubbly.
3. Serve over Fritos, top with remaining ingredients.



Estimated Calories: 748 per serving (servings size about 1/6th of meat mixture with chips and toppings)
Suggested sides: I actually don't serve anything with this, it usually fills us up all on its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment