Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes

One night I didn't want to make what I was planning on making. I looked at what else I had: frozen meatballs, potatoes, and a packet of gravy. I thought, "that sounds warm and comforting." It's fast, easy, and delicious. Perfect for those nights where you don't want to spend a lot of energy in the kitchen.

Meatballs and Mashed Potatoes


Ingredients:

1 package of frozen meatballs (I like Great Value Homestyle)
4 cups beef bouillon
Potatoes (roughly 1 per person)
1 package Brown Gravy

Instructions:

1. Peel and chop potatoes, place them in a pot with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare beef bouillon according to package directions, add meatballs. Boil until warmed and soft.
3.When potatoes are done add 1/2 Tbsp of butter per potato and pour a little bit of milk. Mash with a potato masher.
4. Prepare gravy according to package directions.
5. Serve all together.




Estimated calories (4 meatballs): 308 calories
Suggested sides: cooked vegetables, fruit salad

No comments:

Post a Comment