Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Crispy Chicken Tacos

When I was pregnant with my daughter I wanted to try this Kraft Chicken Fingers recipe. Halfway through preparing it, I knew my stomach could not handle chicken that night. I finished making the chicken so as not to waste it and threw it in the fridge. The next day I was craving chicken tacos bad. So I threw the previous night's chicken on a tortilla and viola! Delicious crispy chicken tacos!

Crispy Chicken Tacos

Ingredients:

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Milk
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 package SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy coating mix
Cheddar cheese, grated
Shredded lettuce
Ranch dressing
Tortillas

Instructions:

1. Cut chicken breasts into strips. Cut pretty thin, because the thicker they are, the longer it takes to cook.
2. Mix mayo, milk, and pepper. Add chicken, stir to coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Pour SHAKE 'N BAKE on a plate, cover chicken strips one at a time, place on a baking sheet. (Do NOT put SHAKE 'N BAKE and chicken in a bag and shake to coat! The milk and mayo will stick to the coating in the bag causing you to use more coating mix than you need to.)
4. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
5. Warm tortillas in a skillet on Medium heat.
6. Top tortillas with chicken, cheese, lettuce and ranch.








Estimated calories: 514 calories per taco.
Suggested sides: fruit salad

No comments:

Post a Comment