Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sloppy Joe Nachos

I'm not a huge fan of traditional Sloppy Joe's, but they are good enough that I'll make them every once in a while. My recipe - which I got from my grandma - makes a ton of the meat mixture, more than my little family can eat. One day, I just did not want to put that meat on a bun and force it into my mouth, but I didn't want to waste it either. My eyes landed on a can of nacho cheese, and the most delicious Sloppy Joe leftovers was born. In fact, it's so good that I now skip the bun entirely and my family eats Sloppy Joe's in nacho form!

Sloppy Joe Nachos

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb. hamburger
8 oz. can tomato sauce
ketchup
mustard
Worcestershire sauce
BBQ sauce
Tortilla Chips (I like Juanita's brand)
Nacho Cheese (I like Rico's brand)
Sour Cream
Any other favorite nacho toppings

Instructions:

1. Brown hamburger, drain.
2. Add tomato sauce, to hamburger. Squirt ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and BBQ sauce into hamburger. Mix all together. Cook on medium until bubbly.
3. Meanwhile warm up the nacho cheese in a separate sauce pan.
4. Layer chips, meat mixture, cheese, sour cream, and other desired toppings. Enjoy!

Estimated calories: 850 calories per serving (estimated from using 1/6th of the meat mixture)
Suggested sides: fruit salad

No comments:

Post a Comment